The CEROC Appeal to Release the 7 MPs-elect immediately July 18, 2014 12:45 AM
The CEROC and their members solemnly appeal and call for the Cambodia authority and Cambodia court to release and drop all charges of the 7 MPs-elect immediately without condition. Mu Sochua, Men Sothavrin, Real Khemarin, Ho Van, Keo Phyrom, Long Ry and Nuth Romdual including youth activist Oeur Narith, the accuses towards them such as charging under Cambodia’s Criminal Code articles 28 and 218 (instigating aggravated, intentional violence), 495 (inciting others to commit a felony) and 459 (leading an insurrectional movement) are baseless and politically motivated.
CNRP requests the public, foreign embassies, domestic and international journalists to monitor the followings people, who are being detained:
Being detained since July 15
1. CNRP MP-elect Mu Sochua of Battambang province
2. CNRP MP-elect Men Sothavarin of Kampong Thom province
3. CNRP MP-elect Keo Phirom of Kratie province
4. CNRP MP-elect Ho Vann of Phnom Penh
5. CNRP MP-elect Real Camarin of Svay Rieng province
Being detained since July 16
6. Mr. Oeun Narith, Aide to Mrs. Mu Sochua
All six (06) people are being detained at Prey Sar Maximum Prison since July 16.
Being detained since July 17
7. CNRP MP-elect Long Ry of Banteay Meanchey province
8. CNRP MP-elect Nuth Romduol of Kampong Speu province